With more than 270 participants from 38 countries we set a new record for the Insecta Conference. 104 contributions, a historical venue and exciting topics made our conference a full success!
Topics covered the entire value chain of insects:
- Insect Rearing and Production Systems
- Insect Processing for Food and Feed
- Safety and Environmental Aspects
- Non-food Application of Insects
Book of Abstracts
The proceedings collect abstracts of all contributions. It is published under Licence CC BY 4.0.Book of Abstracts Insecta 2019
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Arnold van Huis, The Netherlands: Progress and prospects of insects as food and feed
- Heinrich Katz, Germany: EU Guidance document on best hygiene practices for the insect sector
- Dr.-Ing. Volker Heinz, Germany: Impact of insects on food and feed value chains
- PD Dr. Thomas Holzhauser, Germany: Edible insects – Assessment of allergenic potential and management of allergenicity
Venue & Evening event
The conference was held at the University of Potsdam at the historic site Neues Palais. The evening event took place at Biosphere Potsdam.
We thank our sponsors and supporters.