With more than 270 participants from 38 countries we set a new record for the Insecta Conference. 104 contributions, a historical venue and exciting topics made our conference a full success!
Topics covered the entire value chain of insects:
- Insect Rearing and Production Systems
- Insect Processing for Food and Feed
- Safety and Environmental Aspects
- Non-food Application of Insects
Book of Abstracts
The proceedings collect abstracts of all contributions. It is published under Licence CC BY 4.0.
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Arnold van Huis, The Netherlands: Progress and prospects of insects as food and feed
- Heinrich Katz, Germany: EU Guidance document on best hygiene practices for the insect sector
- Dr.-Ing. Volker Heinz, Germany: Impact of insects on food and feed value chains
- PD Dr. Thomas Holzhauser, Germany: Edible insects – Assessment of allergenic potential and management of allergenicity
The conference was held at the University of Potsdam at the historic site Neues Palais.
We thank our sponsors and supporters.