Call for Papers is open!
We invite you to submit your abstract for INSECTA® 2018
International Symposium on Insects as Feed, Food and Non-Food September 05 – 07, 2018 in Giessen, Germany.
The conference aims to give an overview of the state-of-the-art of insect technology, as well as the prospects and constraints of the use of insects as feed, food and non-food in Europe. Technical, commercial, ecological, political and ethical aspects are discussed.
1. Food Safety for Using Insects
- Production Systems
2. Insects production systems
- Optimization of cultivation substrate
- Existing production systems
- Large scale cultivation systems, industrialization
3. Application of insects as feed and food
- Application in gastronomy and food retailing
- Pet-food, feed and aquaculture applications
- Nutrient composition
- Processing and fractionation
4. Non-food applications of insects
- Insect biotechnology
- Waste management systems
Please prepare your abstract as follows:
Abstracts of presentations will be published in a book of abstracts.
The conference fee includes: attending the sessions, conference beverages, coffee and lunch breaks, participation at evening event at September 06, welcome drinks at September 05 and conference proceedings.